Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Intro

Hello, this is my blog about my project. I noticed I kept updating the intro page, and realized one day I'd want screenshots, musings and such. So I turned to this.
Maybe I'll even get around to sketching out the design in something other than code one day, and post it ;).
For now, the current status:

Cons

  • Currently broken only has some working components (servers, lsystem, some physics).And bouncing ninjas!

  • Undergoing a lot of rework.

  • At the very least depends on Boost, ODE.

  • Client will depend on OGRE.

  • Client may end up depending on GDK/SDL, but currently trying OIS instead of SDL.

  • I currently don't like OIS, but I need to focus on other things.

  • SDL code written but pulled out temporarily.

  • Currently only works on linux. I don't have windows to do the port (but I keep it in mind).

  • No Design/Overview documentation.

  • Some of the design kind of sucks.



Pros

  • Has had all the parts working together in the past.

  • Some of the design is kind of nice.

  • platform dependencies are wrapped/abstracted.

  • Build system is simple and straightforward. No automake/m4 magic.

  • I always kept it moving forward, albeit often slowly, with long pauses, and many rewrites, over the last few years.

No comments: